Week 7

Wonderful Waves

For week 7 I decided to write about the ocean and it’s waves! The ocean is definitely one of my favorite places to visit. The soft sand and the cold water are things I am always craving. I’ve grown up going to the beach. Ever since I’ve been able to walk, my dad has tried to get me into the water. It wasn’t until a few summers ago when my family and I took a trip to Hawaii when my dad pulled me onto a surfboard in Waikiki.

Every time before that trip to Hawaii, I had refused to get onto a surfboard. I would still go into the ocean and dive under the waves, enjoying nature’s wonderful sea, but I wouldn’t go surfing. When we arrived at Waikiki, something urged me to go out and catch some waves with my dad. The waves were so gentle and small that day I saw nothing that could go wrong with this attempt at surfing, so I tried it. Once I got on the board, I had the best time I had ever had at the beach. My dad showed me how to catch waves, and I got the hang of it in no time. Now, my dad and I tend to go out and grab our boards as much as we can.

For me, the ocean has brought me closer with my dad and family friends. It is important and meaningful to me. Whenever we need something to take time off our hands, my dad and I always think of the beach. It’s beauty never ceases to amaze me. My favorite time of day to go is at dusk, just as the sun is setting. The orange colors mix with the dark ocean, and it’s not until I can’t see what’s behind me that I force myself to leave. With my fingertips brushing the surface of the water, my dad and I race to catch waves together in the biggest body of water nature has ever made.